Monday, June 1, 2009

Seahurst Beach Park

Last week Eva came over to play. The girls wanted fancy hairdos. I've never been so thankful that I didn't get rid of the crimper I got in about 1988.


The next day their class had a field trip to Searhurst Beach Park to highlight their science unit on marine life. Monica was excited for the trip but mostly excited that I got a sub so I could chaperone and that her hair was still crimped from the day before.




I was assigned to keep track of Monica of course but also her friend Emma who didn't have a parent along. We spent about an hour getting there and eating lunch and another hour beachcombing with a guide from the Seattle Aquarium. Monica took about 5 bathroom breaks (a long walk to get off the beach and up to the restrooms each time), but thankfully Emma was very patient about it.



Mrs. Dirks and her class before the beachcombing.


Monica and Collin.

Mrs. Dirks and her class AFTER the trip. The weather was hot which was good because we all got wet and soggy!


No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore