Monday, June 1, 2009

My "Graduation"

Yes I am graduating from Seattle U. Yes I just finished my last paper and will turn it in during my last class session tomorrow. Yes it is taken 4 years and I am SO glad to be done!
But no I will NOT be walking in graduation. I pretty much hate graduations. They are generally long, boring, and impersonal. And worse: I am forced to suffer through a 3 hour graduation at Kennedy every year, so voluntarily attending another one at Safeco field with thousands of people isn't sounding so appealing. However, I did attend the "commissioning service" for the School of Theology and the picnic that followed. That was graduation enough for me!

Quick portraits outside the chapel:

Me with fellow graduate and good buddy Claire:

Thank you to everyone who has supported me while I've gotten my degree!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah!! Congrats!! What will you do with all your free time?

Jessie said...

Yippee! You're inspirational, Anne. I don't know how you do it. Congratulations & enjoy your long deserved summer vacation!

The ACD: said...

Congratulations Anne!

Andrew said...

Way to go Anne. Four years is a long time and I"m sure it has been a lot of work.

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore