Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SAHM- almost

This week I feel a bit like a stay-at-home mom since I'm home with the kids all day while Anton is at work. I enjoy these type of days, but am not sure it would ever be my choice full-time. I don't think I have the patience for it, but ask most stay-at-home moms if they'd prefer to spend their days with high school students and they would probably decline!




Today we did a major shopping trip to pick up snack foods and other essentials for the summer. I let each kid pick out a new outdoor toy to bring to camp. Monica chose a plastic bowling set. Jack was feeling indecisive (he was more interested in pulling random toys off the shelf) so I got him a red bouncy ball.
We also got two kid-size frisbees and have been playing with them in the backyard ever since. Monica and I are about on par when it comes to frisbee skills, so we made a pact to work on getting better this summer. I don't understand how after 10+ years on camp staff I could be so horrible at frisbee, but I am.
Anyway, the pile of stuff to pack is slowly growing in our living room. (Keep in mind this is AFTER Anton took a load up last weekend, and I still have more to pack tomorrow.) Still, I can't wait to be up there. I will supposedly have less on my plate this summer than last year, though McNellis keeps telling me how much they need me to work with the younger guys. They are all young and enthusiastic, though, so I'm sure by the end of first week they'll be running things just fine. That is if Camp School doesn't ruin them first!


No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore