Monday, June 8, 2009

Hazelnut Park and the Loop

Monday after school the kids and I went to Hazelnut Park, which is ajacent to a small library. We played in the park and checked out a record 20 books!
For dinner, Anton made pot roast in the slow cooker, complete with potatoes, onions, and carrots. I can't think of anything I'd like to eat less on an 80 degree day than pot roast, but we are trying to clean out the freezer before camp so I can't argue.
The Martin boys were over while Tim is out of town / Keri is at work, so we went on a scavenger hunt around the loop. The little guys got to ride in style!



Finally, Anton and I are trying to learn two-handed Canasta using the Hoyle Book, which reminds me of a quote from a favorite show (gee I wonder which one)...
Rose: "Sophia, what are you doing?"
Sophia: "I'm reading the obituaries to see if my Canasta game is still on for tomorrow!"

1 comment:

Red Farkle said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog all year long watching the kids growing and learning, I am envious of you guys getting to spend another summer at Jack's camp but know it will be another kick ass time!! Now go get em!!

Keith Ingebrigtson

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore