Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ain't it fine to be 29!










"Ain't it fine to be 29!"... It seems like yesterday that this phrase was written on a surprise birthday party invitation for Chris and Greg's 29th birthday, held down in Oregon. It was a twin party, so Anton and I dressed alike in jeans and blue polo shirts. Too bad I don't have a scanner or I could post a picture from back then... I think it was February of '98!

I celebrated my own 29th birthday in fine Husky style. We beat Cal State Northridge decisively, which put Dad and I in a good mood for the rest of the day. Ryan Appleby didn't give me my 3-point birthday present though. :(

I also enjoyed sleeping in, waffles with the kids made by Anton, and shopping at my favorite store (Kaufer's) all prior to the game. After the game we had dinner with my parents, Grandma, and Janet... whose birthday is the 23rd so she and I have always been birthday-buddies. Monica particularly enjoyed the cake and ice cream and helping Janet and I open presents.

My "big sis" Sara sent me a card containing a sticker that said something like "I am the sister of a generous, thoughtul person" or something like this. Then she dared me to wear it on my birthday... HA! Not only did I wear it EVERYWHERE, it was documented on camera, as you can see. Geezz... challenge me, why don't you? :)

Friday night Monica made a gingerbread house with Nanie and Grandpa Gordon while Anton and I went to the JFK staff Christmas party. This year they really went all out and even included gingerbread cars with peppermint wheels!




Today was a slower day, thank goodness, as we gear up for the next round of festivities!
Monica watched the Nutcracker on TV , interrupted by spurts of her own ballet moves.
She seemed horrified when Anton and I did a little ballet of our own, insisting that to do ballet correctly, you have to wear a skirt!

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore