Sunday, July 11, 2010

Greenlake Wading Pool and More

Thursday was supposed to hit 95, and I think it was at least that hot! After breakfast I packed a picnic lunch and the kids and I headed to the Greenlake wading pool before visiting Grandma for a few hours. The wading pool was busy, but blessedly cool.

Here's a photo of Monica at the same wading pool in 2005:

After the wading pool we stopped at Baskin-Robbins for ice cream. Letting your children eat ice cream in the car on a 90-degree day is like trying to score on a 1-on-2 fastbreak without drawing a foul. We each had a cone, but of course Jack only ate half of his before calling out the dreaded "I'm done!" So I drove most of the way to Grandma's while trying to devour TWO melting ice cream cones. I'm sure I was in violation of the hands-free driving rule. But we made it safely, even though I had a mild case of brain freeze.

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore