Monday, March 2, 2009

Anne's Weekend

Friday night we enjoyed having Amy, Mike, and Baby Ella for pizza. Then Saturday morning, I headed down to Portland with my friend Cari while Anton took the kids on their own kind of adventure (see next blog post for details).
Cari and I went to watch the Portland Pilots women's basketball team defeat Santa Clara. A player that we had formerly coached at Kennedy, Carly Koebel, was recognized for senior day. We've been meaning to get to one of her games for several years, and FINALLY made it happen! It was a quick but fun road trip.
Sunday after church I picked up Grandma and we went to see a musical production of Jane Eyre. I was a bit skeptical for a couple reasons. First because how can you take a classic like Jane Eyre and make it a musical, and second because on the website synopsis they had several errors in the plotline. However, it was actually a really good production and I think both Grandma and I enjoyed it.

The other exciting part of the weekend was of course that the Huskies SWEPT the Arizonas, clinching a regular season Pac-10 championship!!! I watched the last 10 minutes of the Arizona game twice (I know, I know: symptoms of an addict). We are now ranked #13 in the nation on the ESPN poll!!!

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore