Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thrashed!

On Saturday the Fellins invited us out on their skiboat. Thankfully, Jack doesn't scream every time the boat started moving like last summer. Monica was dying to go tubing so we let her go with the Fellin boys at a slow speed. Jack of course wanted to try too, so we loaded all 4 of us Kramers on the tube with Anton's death grib firmly around Jack (we all had lifejackets too). I don't think I've ever tubed so slowly in my life, but the kids loved it.
However, the next trips made up for the previous slow speed. I told Sam I was up for a good thrashing but didn't really know what I was getting into. Oh I've been thrashed before, mostly by McNellis, but that was a good 10 years ago. So Sam pretty much killed us on the tube, culminating in the classic figure-eight which threw the two boys and I WAY off the tube. Next was Anton's turn, and I told Sam to show him no mercy. Sure enough, Sam thrashed them as well. I think one the boys actually did a full flip before landing in the water.
Good fun!

Our cabin from the water:

Monica on the tube with Eric and Mark:

1 comment:

The ACD: said...

Thank God I trained Sam so well!

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore