Friday, July 10, 2009

Hike with Little Man

Yesterday after our business manager / commissioner duties were taken care of, Anton took Monica to a puppet show at the library in Port Hadlock. So Jack and I decided to go for a hike. Since I am going backpacking in two weeks and could use the training, I decided to be adventurous and hike the old clearcut to the viewpoint. Luckily Jack still fits in the kelty kid backpack and loves to ride in it, so I hiked all the way UP with him on my back. About halfway there he fell asleep, but woke up in time for a snack at the top. On the way down I took him out of the pack and he hiked ALL the way down himself. I was very proud of him, just truckin' down the trail. Little mini-scout.


No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore