Tuesday, November 4, 2008

O-Bama O-8!!!

My house is a mess. I have grades to finish and turn in. I've only slept about 15 hours total in the last three nights. The leaves need raking and Jack could use a haircut and Monica's room needs a thorough cleaning and dusting.
But I don't care. It will get done later.
It's all worth it, because Barack Obama is our new president.
-
Four years ago, we hosted family and friends at our house to watch John Kerry get smashed by George W. We had signs covering the door that said things like "Welcome to Kramerica," "It's a Political Party," "Go-go Gadget Gregoire" and "C'mon Florida Democrats: Take it back, Baby!" But there was one other sign that I will always remember. Knowing that Kerry was probably going to bite the dust, I had also posted "O-Bama O-8" on the door. People told me I was crazy or merely responded with "Who?" I can't say I really believed at that point that he would actually get the D nomination and be elected our 44th president. But as time went by, us Kramers believed more and more, and last night we listened to his triumphant speech with tears of joy!

We spent the evening at the Brouillards' along with my cousins Mary and Clare. Although the kids went to bed before Barack was actually declared the winner, they seemed as glued to the TV as we were while they were awake. The future of America, witnessing history!
You can read Jill's summary of the evening at http://javajill.blogspot.com/2008/11/election-day-2008.html

Cheez-e Mountain Dew lovers for Barack!

It probably looks like I took this photo by accident, but actually I thought it was hilarious that all you can see at the kitchen bar are the three Obama t-shirts, all different colors.



Monica quickly got to work coloring her electoral map...


...and what a colorful job she did!



Kate with her mommy, sporting her "Baaa + Rock" t-shirt.


Doug was on the laptop ALL evening...


...while Jill kept busy on the whiteboards calculating numbers. (We miss you, Tim Russert!)

Our next prez giving the big talk.
Late into the night, still on the laptop...

What a great day to be an American!!!

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore