Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Big K

Well she's officially a kindergartener. The drop-off was pretty rough, but when I arrived home from work she was all smiles. Nanie K had picked her up and Monica reported that she'd had a great time and even showed Nanie around her classroom. They had a homework sheet (geez, even I don't give homework the first day!) which asked the students to write down their favorite and least favorite parts of their first day of kindergarten, and to draw a picture of their new friends. Under what she liked least, Monica wrote "Nothing!" I'm sure she'll have her share of ups and downs to come, but I think today can go in the record books as a success! Now we'll just have to see how Jack does at daycare tomorrow.


Breakfast: pears and leftover waffles. Yum!


"Don't forget to snap a picture of me today too!"


With Dora lunchbox and backpack from Guatemala, courtesy of Grandpa Mike.


Getting settled as Mrs. Dirks explains the first activity (Monica's back is to the camera).
A few sniffles as we say good-bye.

1 comment:

McMahan family said...

Oh my gosh, I even got tears in my eyes looking at that last picture. That is so so so sweet. Putting a smile on her face even through the tears. What a mature little girl. I can't even wrap my mind around the idea of picturing Emma at that age. What a treat to experience the big milestone of the first day of school and get great pictures to help her (and you) remember forever.

Let us know how it goes with Jack!

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore