Monday, February 1, 2010

Eyebrow Threading

Saturday night we went out with Jenny and Ernie. We had some time to kill between dinner and the movie, and since we were at the mall I decided I wanted to try getting my eyebrows threaded. I had seen this before and been with my aunt when she had hers done. Basically they take two strands of thread and pinch the hair away. It looked like a simple alternative to waxing, shaving, or plucking. SO I tried it...
AND it was seriously the most painful experience of my life. Honestly it was worse than childbirth (although thankfully shorter). Now I don't consider myself a wuss. Give me a set of stairs to sprint and I'm good to go. But this was sharp, seering, facial pain. Even worse: the girl doing it accidentally nipped the skin above my left eye and I was bleeding from one eye, crying from the other. You can check out the before and after pictures below, but the difference was easier to tell in person.
Moral of the story: Never again!
Before:

After (Don't let the smile deceive you) :

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore