Sunday, January 18, 2009

Skiing around St. Helens -- by Anton




Saturday morning I got up way too early in the morning. Well, it was to go skiing so I guess it was just the right time. Chris and Greg came up from the middle of Oregon. Scott, Tim, Alan (Tim's Father-in-law) and I all drove down from Tukwila to meet at what seems to be a logical middle ground... Mt. St. Helens.



We may not look the most beautiful but the day was gorgeous. It was foggy and cold down below but up where we were the tempature was in the 50's. I've never skiied with such a warm wind blowing while the snow was still icy.



On the trail (Kalama Ski Trail above Ape Caves/Cougar Sno-Park)



I'm not sure what Scott is doing in this picture... I think the heat got to his head!


O.K. it got to my head too!



Time to move out... can we make it back in time for Pastor Chris to get his sermon done for tomorrow?

The down hill portion of the trip took all of half an hour so I didn't have time to stop and take more pictures. It was one long icy run down a road well trod by snowmobiles.

Made it!



And we all look happy of course. We had a great day (Thanks Anne for staying with the kids and letting me have a bunch of fun!)


- Anton

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore