Thursday, July 3, 2008

Monica Moments

Both Monica and Jack are loving being at camp, but I think Monica is probably enjoying it the most. To avoid the "can we go to the trading post?" question every day, we are now giving her a dollar of allowance each week, which pretty much translates straight into ice cream money. Yesterday she used her first dollar to buy a popsicle, and was just as thrilled with the quarter she got back in change. She is hoping that her loose tooth will come out soon so that they tooth fairy will add to her piggy bank.


Another favorite activity of the week was going rowing with Dad. Jack and I hung out on the pier to watch... reminded me of my dad and I in the rowboats at Parsons when I was Monica's age. Anton is going to re-up his BSA lifegaurd cert so he can take her in a kayak next.

2 comments:

Publius said...

I am curious to know what mom and dad's official capacities are at camp this summer...

Anne said...

Mom and Dad as in Anton and Anne?
Anton is business manager and I am head commissioner... although my trusty assistant has taken on a lot of my duties so I am more free to help with the kids. As for mom and dad the grandparents, they are here off and on helping us out by taking care of the kids.

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore