Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's in the genes

I am totally convinced of the difference between boys and girls.
One of Jack's favorite activities is "chair tipping." This involves pushing over all of the chairs in the playroom, picking them back up, and doing it all over again. He thinks this is hilarious. While I love my son, I can't help but think of one of my favorite mantras: Boys are Dumb. ("Gee, I think I'll knock something down over and over again.") My students do this with objects in class as well: books, notecards etc. Even more interesting is that Monica never did such things as a toddler. She was more interested in books and "real" toys. She can't understand Jack's fascination with the chairs. Similarly, my female students often roll their eyes at the boys actions in class. The boys think their games are as hilarious as Jack does.

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore