Thursday, January 3, 2008

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun




As I'm writing this I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. I just returned from an awesome girls overnight that felt like such a getaway I hardly recognize the laundry pile and dishes to wash at my own home.... feels like I was gone for a week! But no, it was actually less than 24 hours that Katie, Jill, and I kidnapped Annette for a birthday getaway at the Alexis hotel downtown. Annette turned 21 (+19) and we celebrated in style with dinner at Beppo's and a VERY late night of snacks, PJs, and girl talk. It was just the respite we each needed and a much deserved birthday treat for Annette.
Meanwhile Anton started back at work and the kids spent the night at my mom's (thank you Nana!) Next week I will be 'hitting the ground running' returning to work, SU classes, kids' schedules for preschool etc all at once. Now is probably not a good time to try to kick my caffeine habit!

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore