Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good News

Good News in general from us Kramers. Anton's mom is continuing to improve. It will still be a long road but we have reason to hope and celebrate.
Yesterday Anton and I headed to his parents' house to take care of some chores for them while they are away. At 5pm when we were about to leave, I got a call from an agent wanting to show her clients our house. Yes! More good news! Unfortunately I had been slacking off on keeping it perfectly tidy and had to rush home to do some last minute clean-up before they arrived. I also had a crock-pot full of Teriyaki chicken cooked in the kitchen. This posed an interesting predicament. I put the crock-pot in the driveway to cool while I cleaned, then put the kids, the crock-pot, and a bag of uncooked rice in the van. We pulled out of the driveway just as the potential buyers pulled in. I was going to head to the Martins to finish cooking our dinner and feed everyone but it was already late and we were all hungry. I couldn't fathom waiting 20 min for rice to cook. So we headed to the local McDonalds... yes, with a crock-pot of hot teriyaki chicken in the car. The whole thing was so crazy and ridiculous and I was so exhausted I let the kids order whatever they wanted and even said yes to the 2-for-1 apple pie deal offered by the girl behind the counter.
Whatever.
I guess tonight's menu is leftover teriyaki.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Whew. Glad to hear good news.

Regarding the teriyaki, I guess it is a crazy party in Tukwila.

javajill said...

Anne - you are my hero!

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore