Thursday, November 26, 2009

Bedtime Helper

The night we had friends from Seattle U over for a "down home country" meal, Monica asked if she could get Jack into his pajamas (instead of us) at bedtime. Since we were in the middle of entertaining, I said sure and the two disappeared down the hall. About 15 minutes later I went to use the restroom and found Jack's door closed and Monica sitting on the floor of her room reading. "Where's Jack?" I asked.
Monica: "I put him to bed!"
Keep in mind that it was 6:15 in the evening. I opened Jack's door and there he was lying quietly but awake in the darkness. "Jack do you want to stay in bed or get up and play for a little bit?"
"Get up and play."
Monica had not only gotten him dressed, she brushed his teeth, read him a story, sang "Taps" (the camp song we sing to them every night), and put him to bed. Too funny!
We thanked Monica for being such a good big sister and since then she has offered to tuck him several other times.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Too cute!!! I'm looking forward to something similar in our house... someday.

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore