Sunday, September 27, 2009

Jenny and Ernie's Wedding

Most of our weekend was spent celebrating Jenny and Ernie's wedding. After the rehearsal, the kids got their firt sampling of Indian food at the dinner. Not surprisingly, Monica liked it. Jack didn't. But Anton and I LOVED it!
Jenny and Ernie in their traditional attire at the rehearsal dinner:

Walking down the aisle, Jenny looked amazing. I started to tear up but then had to give myself a serious internal pep-talk to pull it together since I was about to do a reading.

Anton caught this one of my reading from Colossians.

This photo was a little blurry. They did two cultural pieces as part of the mass involving Ernie tying a necklace around Jenny and the sari over her head as a sign that he will protect her. It looked very polished at the wedding itself, but it was quite another story at the rehearsal where it took about 15 minutes for everyone to figure out exactly how the ceremony is supposed to be done. I was sitting in the pew with all of the groomsmen and we had a good chuckle.
At the reception: Amy, myself, Erin, and Liz. Anton and I, and then the girls joined by Jenny.

Congratulations J&E! We love you and are so happy for you.

(You guys are still going DOWN in 2-on-2 basketball though!!!)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Thank you so much for posting these. I was so disappointed to miss it, but it was the first time Izzy had the stomach flu and we all didn't do that well with it. Jenny looked beautiful - as can be expected!

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore