Wednesday, September 9, 2009

At it again

Here's some of the happening at the Kramers' this week...
I have been trying to go through our house and deal one-by-one with the closets, corners, or even full rooms that need cleaning and sorting. So far I have covered VHS/DVDs, toys, art supplies, and most recently: our closet. There's nothing like purging old clothes and then sorting and organizing your closet to make you feel ready for the school year. It looks so good I keep going in there just to look at it again. I even convinced Anton to get rid of some of his old ratty college t-shirts. I never realized, however, how many sweatshirts I have compared to Anton (his are the three on the left):

The next organizing project is our CD collection. Do I really need that old Mike and the Mechanics CD, especially since it's already in our itunes library? I think not.

Then of course we have the fact that Anton is still on strike. The process for him has been frustrating and stressful. We have been trying to make the best of it by spending more family time together when I get off work and having couples' time hanging out in the evenings playing a board game or watching a movie. And he has enjoyed doing some projects around the house and in the garden. He even did the Costco run for me yesterday. Symbolic of his current work situation: this is the spot he always puts out his work clothes for the next day before bed. Last night he had his sweatpants there.

And finally Miss Monica. What a big first-grader she is. Her two top teeth are coming in as well. We started a chores/allowance program for her. She has a list of about 6 things she needs to do at least once (or when asked) by the end of the week to earn a dollar. Here she is refilling Cinder's food dish.

Jack's preschool starts next week, so I'm sure we'll have some picture of the little man off to school.

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore