Sunday, April 13, 2008

Amanda's First Communion

I was in Salem this weekend for the first Eucharist celebration for my little goddaughter, Amanda... who's really not so little any more! It was a wonderful mass and party afterwards and so great to connect with Amanda and her family, who I see so rarely now that I don't live in Oregon. It was also fun to be back at Queen of Peace, which in many ways will always be my home church, since I was confirmed there and made so many wonderful friends.

I also enjoyed a trip to the spa and lunch with my super-sister-in-law Mia as well as an overnight stay and breakfast with my friends Tricia and Bob. I didn't even mind the long drive, thanks to my new Dolly Parton CD. :)
Back at the ranch, Anton and Uncle Buck worked on my parents' deck rebuild project. The kids had fun with grandparents, including a special trip to a kids' concert with Nanie and Grandpa Gordon.
All the kids came forward to listen to the homily. Amanda is the girl in the middle of the pack with the flower crown in her hair.



Amanda with her three godparents.




Dennis, Amanda's grandma (Jill's mom), Amanda, Ian, and Jill.







Opening gifts with her cousins.


No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore