Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March Pregnancy Update

I haven't blogged much about the pregnancy yet. There wasn't much to tell about the first trimester: I was generally nauseous and lethargic for two months. Not pretty. It was all I could do to make sure that the kids were fed and had clean clothes to wear. Thankfully that has all passed now and I can regain my place among the living. One of the more humorous elements so far has been my cravings preferences for certain late night snacks. It started with cottage cheese and peaches, then it was cream of wheat with brown sugar. I had a short love affair with English muffins, but now it's just yogurt. It's no wonder that I'm already out of most of my regular pants and jeans. Yesterday Monica helped me sort through my tubs of maternity clothes, as you can see in the photo. We had fun giggling together over the items that were probably out of style already when I wore then 7 years ago when pregnant with her! All the clothes are still too big so I am stuck for a while with yoga pants and sweatshirts. Work has been so hectic recently (we have two BIG retreats coming up) that really how I look is the last thing I'm concerned about. Monica and Jack continue to be excited about a new brother or sister. We find out at the end of this month whether it's a girl or a boy, assuming he or she is cooperating during the ultrasound. Jack keeps saying "when the baby is born I'll play with it!" Poor guy will be sorely disappointed when the little one only eats and sleeps for the first few months!

1 comment:

marla said...

Congrats on your pregnancy! How very exciting!

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore