Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Zoo zoo zoo

Monica was out of school Monday due to a teacher-in-service. So she went to daycare in the morning with Jack and after I was done at work, the three of us went to the zoo.



We loved the new penguin exhibit. Apparently if you are wearing something shiny it attracts them to come close to you. Or, as proven by this photo, if you're a cute two-year-old!


I don't think I've ever seen a peacock this close up. They are quite fascinating (and beautiful) birds. Jack thought so too.

I didn't get a good shot of the kids petting the goats but I was pleased that neither of them was scared to touch them. Of course the goats were more interested in eating lunch.


I splurged and let the kids ride the carousel. Apparently it's over 90 years old and still kickin'.
We love our zoo membership!

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore