Thursday, June 19, 2008

Finishing Touches

We are pretty much packed up now, which is really quite something considering Jack keeps unpacking my boxes or moving my piles. It really will be a miracle if we arrive in Brinnon Saturday with both kids, the cat, and everything we need. But so far so good, alhthough I keep throwing more and more stuff in the piles to take up there. Will it all fit in our cabin? I am pretty much taking every piece of clothing the kids own, as one of my main goals for the summer is to do as little laundry as possible. It's been kind of fun to unearth our old scout stuff and gear. In searching for my old tevas (to take to Goodwill, since I now have new ones) I found a belt that I lost in about 2002. I also found several of my favorite t-shrits "hidden" (I say kidnapped) amongst Anton's t-shrits. Thief!
Tomorrow during the day I'll just be doing last minute double checking that we are ready to go, since in the evening we will be at the staff reunion dinner in honor of camp's 90th anniversary. I'm not sure how I feel about wearing heels the night before scout camp starts, but I'm sure I'll survive.


Monica: "Don't forget the Polly Pockets!"

Jack: "Don't forget me!"

Even with so much to do, there's always time to be silly!

"Hmmm... a pile of swimsuits just waiting to be scattered around the house!"

"Mommy already packed these sunscreen bottles, but they're so much fun to take out of the box and arrange in a line on the coffee table." "C'mon Mom, enough of this packing, let's PLAY!"

No comments:

"A person travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

-George Moore